Keto Cookies & Cream Cereal Cupcakes
Remember those tasty snack cakes you ate as a kid?! Seen across classrooms, in lunchboxes, and after practices of yesteryear (and best paired with juice boxes), we now know these "snacks" are pure sugar bombs. But man, were they delicious.
So, we recreated one of those snack cakes—the classic chocolate-covered, cream-filled cupcake—with a keto twist using our new Cookies & Cream cereal! If you're craving these nostalgic dessert cakes without the sugar spike, here's a recipe for you:
For the Cupcake
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup Granulated Erythritol, or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsps Heavy Cream
- 3 large Eggs + 1 Egg White
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
For the Cookies & Cream Filling
- 6 oz Cream Cheese
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup powdered Erythritol or sweetener of choice
- 1 to 2 tbsp Heavy Cream, to thin
- 1 bag Cookies & Cream Cereal, crushed
- Chocolate Coating
- 3 oz Sugar Free Milk Chocolate
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and fill a muffin tin with cupcake liners. You will need 8 total.
- Use wire whisk to beat the butter, erythritol, eggs, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until there are no lumps. Add half of the dry mix to the wet and stir, followed by the remaining dry mix. Scoop batter into cupcake liners and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool completely, then use a small spoon or melon baller to remove a circle from the top of each cupcake. Dig out enough cupcake center to make room for a good scoop of cookies and cream filling.
- For the Cream Filling: Beat the cream cheese, sweetener, butter, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add heavy cream and continue to beat as needed for desired thickness. Set aside a few tablespoons to decorate the tops!
- Fold the crushed Cookies & Cream cereal into the filling, then scoop about a tablespoon of filling into the center of each cupcake.
- For the Chocolate Coating: Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl at :30 sec intervals, stirring frequently.
- Use a spoon to smooth the chocolate over the top of each cupcake, then fill a plastic bag or pastry bag with the reserved cream cheese icing to add the swirly tops!
Makes 8 cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Total Carbohydrate: 11g
Net Carbs: 5g