Keto Cereal Donuts
Baked low carb donuts just became your new go-to keto breakfast! Enjoy these low sugar donuts in the morning or as a sweet keto dessert anytime.
- 1 cup Almond Flour, sifted 1 tsp
- Xanthan Gum, adds structure, texture, browning
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsp Swerve, or granulated sweetener of choice
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
For the Icing
- 2 tbsp Butter, soft 2-4 tbsp
- Powdered Swerve (or powdered sugar)
- A cup of low carb Fruity or Cinnamon Bun cereal to garnish
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and spray a donut pan with cooking oil.
- Combine the sifted flour with the other dry ingredients and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sour cream.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix to combine. Don't over mix the batter.
- Fill a pastry bag or ziplock with the batter and cut the tip about two inches up. If the opening doesn't give you a wide enough strip of batter, just cut off a little extra.
- Fill the cavities about ¾ full and smooth over any edges with a spoon (or finger) dipped in a little oil or melted butter.
- Bake the donuts for exactly 7-9 minutes or just until the tops brown.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then sugar them or add icing. Top with low carb Cinnamon Bun or Fruity cereal.
For the Icing
- Whip the butter, extract and sweetener together.
- To thin, add 1 tsp warm water and a time until desired consistency.
Serving size: 1 donut